GUIDELINE FOR APPLICATION
Major Changes Ahead for
Gyeonggi International Ceramic Biennale (GICB)!
The Gyeonggi International Ceramic Biennale (GICB), which celebrates its
tenth edition in 2019, is expected to undergo significant changes, especially
in regard to its “international competition”. The GICB aims to establish a
platform dedicated to promoting communication and exchanges between
artists and the public. The upcoming biennale will present diverse programs
such as the academic symposium and workshop in a comprehensive, multitiered
format within the framework of the international competition, as
opposed to the past in which the biennale hosted programs individually.
GICB International Competition Exhibition
• Exhibition Period : August 2 – November 10, 2019 (tentative)
Total Cash Prize
• KRW100,000,000(≒93,222.00USD) for seven (7) main nominees
※ The cash prizes for the Grand Prize and Excellence Prize include the purchase value, and therefore the prize-winning works become the property of KOCEF.
※The Grand Prize winner will be invited to hold a solo exhibition during GICB 2021, and the exhibition will be funded by KOCEF up to an amount of 30 million KRW.
※ All artists participating in the offline exhibition and a partial number of artists participating in the online exhibition will be invited to participate in the inauguration of GICB 2019, workshops, symposiums, and local networking programs. In the case of artist groups, only one (1) representing individual will be invited.
※ KOCEF reserves the right to exhibit, photograph, record, screen, and publish (i.e. catalogue) prize-winning works.
※ Details of the awards above are subject to change at any time at the discretion of the KOCEF and Jury.
Eligibility An open call for ceramic artists of our generation
• Artists from all parts of the world are welcome to submit works, both artistic and practical, made from clay (ceramics) or made with the theme of clay (ceramics)
Category There are two categories
• Ceramics as Expression
Condition for Application
• There are neither age nor nationality restrictions.
• All documents and the proceeding shall be in Korean and English.
How to Apply
• Period : October 1 (Mon) – 31 (Wed), 2018
Assessment and Outcome
• Selection Process : Screening and assessment of online submissions will be
Online Assessment of Portfolios
• Period : November 13 (Tue) ~ 28 (Wed), 2018 / Feasibility Assessment: ~ December 14 (Fri)
Korea Ceramic Foundation KICB2019 Office
263, Gyeongchungdae-ro 2697 beon-gil, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do, 17379, Rep. of Korea
Tel +82-31-645-0632 Fax +82-31-631-1650 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Copyright(c) 2018 By Korean International Ceramic Biennale (KICB). All Rights Reserved.|